Washington, D.C., April 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Washington Middle for Internships and Educational Seminars (TWC), which companions with the Substance Abuse and Psychological Well being Companies Administration (SAMHSA), broadcasts the collection of 22 undergraduate and graduate college students for the summer season 2022 SAMHSA Internship Program.
The SAMHSA Internship Program is particularly designed to equip graduate college students and up to date undergraduates from underrepresented populations to work within the public well being discipline. This system is prime to SAMHSA’s efforts to cut back disparities in psychological well being and/or substance use issues by constructing a various behavioral well being workforce.
“We’re honored to accomplice with SAMHSA on this vital internship program and we’re excited to have recruited extremely proficient college students from various backgrounds who’ve a ardour for public well being and who need to make a distinction,” says Kelly Eaton, TWC’s Chief Educational Officer and Senior Vice President.
The interns chosen for the 10-week summer season 2022 internship, their present or most up-to-date diploma packages and universities are:
- Kristen Amick, Grasp of Public Well being, New York College
- Clarissa Bennett, Grasp of Science in Social Work, College of Tennessee at Knoxville
- Hannah Berendzen, PhD Human Growth, College of Texas at Austin
- Liba Blumberger, Physician of Public Well being, Pennsylvania State College
- Alyssa Carrasco, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, College of Texas at Austin
- Karlyn Conery, Grasp of Public Well being, College of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Ninfa Cruz, Grasp of Public Well being, Texas A & M College
- Mary Davis, Grasp of Public Coverage, College of Virginia
- Devin Diggs, Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience and Conduct, College of Notre Dame
- Jorge Garcia-Cordero, Grasp of Public Well being, George Mason College
- Amanda Greene, Grasp of Public Well being, George Washington College
- Ellen Gurung, Grasp of Public Well being, George Mason College
- Arushi Ishwar, Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Haverford School
- Eunice Larbi, Grasp of Public Well being, Mercer College
- Edward Owsley-Longino, Grasp of Arts in Medical Psychological Well being Counseling, Xavier College
- Heather Partridge, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, College of Maryland World Campus
- Ritik Patel, Bachelor of Science in Enterprise Administration, East Carolina College
- Melissa Riggs, Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Laptop Science, College of Maryland World Campus
- Jessie Sadel, Bachelor of Science in Public Well being, American College
- Emirrah Sanders, Grasp of Public Well being, Meharry Medical School
- Ashree Shah, Grasp of Well being Administration, College of Maryland School Park
- Daquan Smith, Grasp of Science in Well being Coverage and Administration, College of Southern Mississippi
On this federally funded full-time internship, interns achieve sensible expertise by way of tasks, particular assignments, or analysis that helps federal, state, and community-based packages, insurance policies, and finest practices within the prevention and therapy of substance abuse and psychological sickness. Every intern receives a stipend of $5,000-$7,590, relying on the size of the internships. In addition they obtain round-trip airfare for in-person internships and housing (if wanted) at a diminished charge.
Internship alternatives within the SAMHSA program are in quite a lot of fields, together with:
- Substance abuse and psychological well being prevention and therapy
- Federal, state, and native authorities insurance policies and laws
- Well being IT
- Program administration, operations, and administration
- Analysis and knowledge evaluation
- Communications and social advertising
- Grant administration
For eligibility data, advantages, utility deadlines and program dates, please go to the TWC web site at https://twc.edu/packages/samhsa-internship-program.
About The Washington Middle for Internships and Educational Seminars
The Washington Middle is the most important and most established pupil internship program in Washington, D.C. Since our founding, we’ve helped greater than 60,000 younger folks translate their school majors into profession paths. We use our scale and experience to customise every pupil’s expertise to be actually transformative.
In regards to the Substance Abuse and Psychological Well being Companies Administration
The Substance Abuse and Psychological Well being Companies Administration (SAMHSA) is the company inside the U.S. Division of Well being and Human Companies (HHS) that leads public well being efforts to advance the behavioral well being of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to cut back the affect of substance abuse and psychological sickness on America’s communities.